This will be a fairly quick post (that I will likely be adding onto as I acquire more books in the coming weeks) where I compile everything I’ve read, I’m currently reading, and I plan to read this fall.
I’ve been slowly falling back into love with reading (college will steal that love swiftly from you when you have so much required reading, you don’t want to touch another book unless absolutely necessary). It’s been slow going, with Netflix/Hulu/social media as easy distractions. However, I made it one of my few goals this fall, that whenever I have free time, to sit down (away from my phone and/or TV) and just try to read for 30min. First attempts were unsuccessful for sure; but, I kept trying, and I’ve been easing my way back into it. Which, honestly, is a huge relief. I loved reading growing up, read for hours on end any chance I got. I hated feeling that disconnect with books for so long. Movies/TV/YouTube are great, but books offer a different type of connection. A deeper one, for me at least.
But anyways, on to the books! Every single book mentioned below was purchased at Half Price Books (aka my favorite place in all of Louisville). I believe they have locations in multiple states, so check them out if there’s one nearby!
I’ll list what I’ve read first, then what I’m currently reading, followed by my (ever growing) list of future reads:
- Sherlock Holmes
- I’ve read/listened to these stories numerous times, but just recently purchased the illustrated version in hardback and read them all over again! I am obsessed with getting older hardback copies of books. I just love the look, feel, and smell of them. I have a Kindle, but it could never replace the feeling of an old book in my hands.
- Midnight, Texas series
- I’m still on the first book in this series, but I like it so far! I watched the first season of the show before I even realized it was a series of books by the same author who wrote the books that inspired True Blood. I am a big Syfy/Fantasy fan, so this is right in my wheelhouse.
- Edgar Allan Poe’s works
- I’ve read some of his stuff here and there, but recently purchased a book that has a good chunk of his work. Seemed like the perfect October/Halloween time read!
Plan to Read:
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Lord of the Rings series
- The Hobbit
- The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series
- The Millennium Series (i.e. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
- The Returned
- The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl
- I Been in Sorrow’s Kitchen and Licked Out All the Pots
This is the list so far! Which, quite frankly, might be a little ambitious given how little free time I actually have. But you know what they say: Shoot for the moon, land among the stars, and all that. Whatever I don’t get to, you’ll find it on my Winter Book Bucket List.
Let me know if you all have read any of these/are planning to read any of them and tell me how you liked them!
Until next time,
“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”